Benefits of coconut oil for hair is one of those hot topics that almost everyone might have come across and why should it be this miracle compound and oil has way many benefits that it beholds than what one can assume of. Thus, we are here with the top 5 benefits of coconut oil on hair.
The health benefits of coconut oil have been already discussed in one of our articles, and it somehow made us wonder on the art that coconut oil is sort of an all-rounder who can fit in the hair care, skincare and if appropriately taken for health benefits as well.
So why do people get so particular with the use of this coconut oil, well in a layman’s term coconut oil is way too heavy and greasy to use and thus the top 5 benefits of coconut oil cannot tell how to get rid of this property of the oil.
But having said so we need to understand that it’s just about time that we start to understand that no matter how greasy, smelly or heavy the oil might be its benefits for hair is something that cannot be avoided and neglected.
Thus, I bet you will be amazed by the top 5 benefits of coconut oil as it will blow you mind just by the few of the benefits. In this article, we have tried and incorporated as much as information on new kinds of benefits than the one that everyone are aware of already with facts.
OVERVIEW OF COCONUT OIL
Well, the history of the use of coconut oil is a little vague and not well structured. But some of the earliest reports suggest that the use and documentation of the use of of coconut oil in most of the medicinal uses were in the 1500 BC.
These reports and documentation were basically done by early explorers who were keen towards the use of coconut oil for beauty. Having said so, history has not always favoured the coconut oil use because it was one of the richest sources of saturated fat in the world, which made it harmful for heart disease in the late 1950s.
But thanks to researchers and scientist who now claim that there is no relation between saturated fat and heart problems. But this is enough for the introduction of coconut oil in ordinary us. Benefits of coconut oil for hair and benefits of coconut oil for skin are far more critical.
So, let’s directly venture into the top 5 benefits of coconut oil on hair.
THE BENEFITS OF COCONUT OIL FOR HAIR
GROWTH OF HAIR
Coconut oil is one of the only oils that is said to have such a miraculous effect on hair growth.
- Coconut oil has been used in ayurvedic cosmetics dated long back so that queens and kings can use and bath with coconut oil and milk and this is so not just a story the critical reason being the component of coconut oil has cell growth factors that assist in the growth of hair.
- Coconut oil for the benefits of coconut oil for hair would be impossible without the growth of hair.
- Coconut oil can help not only in the growth of the hair but also to rejuvenate hair.
PROVIDES PROTEIN TO HAIR
Coconut oil not only does have fat as one of the most abundant constitutes but also have protein-rich components, and that is one of the factors that provide hair with protein for hair growth and other problems.
- Coconut oil prevents the loss of protein from our hair and also provides extra protein with its use and thus leads to better hair quality
- The prevention of protein loss leads to a better quality of hair and provides better hair growth and thickness as well.
- Loss of any protein on our hair actually causes other hair problems such as dryness, hair growth problems, slit ends and what not.
- In fact, according to one study published in the journal of cosmetic science coconut oil, is the only oil found in nature that reduces the protein loss from our natural hair.
PREVENTS THINNING OF HAIR
Coconut oil can be used not just to provide thick hair but also if you have thin hair and the tendency of thing of hair then you don’t have to wonder any more cause coconut oil is what you should help you.
- Coconut oil can be thick to apply and can at the time wear down your hair, but the proper use of coconut oil will provide you with luscious hair and prevent thinning of hair.
- The use of coconut oil along with few natural essential oils like tea tree essential oil, lavender essential oil or even aloe Vera can actually help you with thickening of your hair.
- Not all time use of coconut oil will help you, and thus we will tell you how exactly can you use coconut oil for hair after the top 5 benefits of coconut oil on hair is over.
GET RID OF DANDRUFF
Well, I will be honest the use of almost most of the hair oil and even lemon juice can actually help you get rid of dandruff, so what so special about coconut right.
Well, it’s simple the use of coconut oil will not only provide you with moisture for getting rid of dandruff, but it comes along with the other natural benefits of coconut oil for hair which will automatically come as you start using it for dandruff.
- The coconut oil provides a ton of moisture to your hair and that is one of the reasons as to how it gets rid of dandruff, there are certain skin condition which causes dandruff, and those conditions might not be affected with coconut and need medications, but in general dandruff are caused due to dry scalp, and thus the use of coconut oil will help you with that.
- Based on season also dandruff can be caused most of the time during monsoon and winter we tend to get more of dandruff, and that is the tie when coconut oil should be used for your flaxy dry scalp.
PROTECTS FOR HEAT, COLOUR AND UV RAYS
You must be knowing how harmful UV rays can be to our sin, but did you know there are similar effects of UV rays on our hair as well and that is precisely why you might find that your hair colour can sometimes start looking lighter or different than what you were born with.
Well, UV rays, hair colour and heat can all have adverse effects for our hair, and it is our responsibility to improve or instead protect our hair, having them exposed to such consequences.
- Coconut oil has the power to protect our hair from the harmful rays of the sun and other chemicals as well.
- Coconut oil provides a thick layer of grease that prevent hair water and moisture loss and also don’t allow the penetration of any other harmful component like UV or chemicals.
- However, we have to keep in mind that it will not provide same protection like sunscreen for skin or like heat protectant for hair, but if you want some natural component that will assist you with hair protection then sure it will help.
There are more benefits of coconut oil for hair that could have been said like coconut oil can be used to avoid fizziness of hair, to promote growth hormones and whatnot, but these were few of the things that not everyone talks about and thus was discussed.
Now that we know what the top 5 benefits of coconut oil on hair are let see how to use coconut oil for hair.
WAYS TO USE COCONUT OIL FOR HAIR
Coconut oil + essential oils
You can always use coconut oil along with few essential oils and apply on your hair; this will provide a detoxing of natural ingredient that will help you with hair growth and clam you sense as well.
The use of essential oils for health benefits are also well known, and thus its use is seen in other categories like essential oil for allergy, essential oil for weight loss, essential oil for anxiety. But its use with coconut oil will help with hair benefits.
Take 2 spoons of coconut oil+ 5 drops of essential oil (do not heat it or else the essential oil will evaporate)
Coconut oil + Aloe vera
Aloe vera is another natural ingredient that can help with hair shining and the health of your hair.
The use of aloe vera alone is always seen in different cosmetics, but if you use aloe vera and coconut oil as a hair mask, also it will show a significant amount of shine for your hair.
Take equal parts of aloe vera gel/ aloe vera juice and coconut oil and apply on your hair.
Coconut oil hair mask
If you have dry and frizzy hair, then this hair mask will help you. You can use this hair mask as an overnight treatment for shiny and frizz-free hair.
Mix 2 tablespoon of coconut oil +2 tablespoon of aloe vera juice+ 2 tables spoon of lemon juice.
- Use coconut oil as a hair conditioner
- Use coconut oil as a leave-in conditioner
So, these were few of the ways by which you can use coconut oil for your hair benefits and thus along with the top 5 benefits of coconut oil you also get to know what and how can you use coconut oil in your hair care regime.
Even if the world comes to a standstill, our hair concerns sadly do not. Hair and scalp somehow always turns out to irritate us with worries such as dryness, fizziness, irritation and whatnot and thus we brought to you the top 5 benefits of coconut oil on hair.
With this article, you will be surprised to know that the solution to all these hair problems that you face on a daily basis is just a drop away from coconut oil. Coconut oil has different benefits and that all because it is enriched with Vitamin E and fatty acids that provides shine and lustrous to the dull hair possible.
But everything has a downside, too much use of coconut oil at once might be challenging to get rid of from hair and thus the amount of that you sue for the hair care should be optimized and that something that varies from hair texture and the actual usage by the user.