I am sure you must have heard raving thoughts regarding the use of aloe vera for different purposes.
The use of aloe vera currently in today’s world is more popular than ever.
Starting from its application in medicine, healthcare, cosmetics, its vast and broad nature has made it more seemingly approachable.
But have you ever wondered how drinking aloe vera juice right in the morning could be beneficial?
In this article, we will explore this particular application of ale vera as to how drinking ale vera juice in the morning will help you explore the benefits of aloe vera juice first thing in the morning.
We humans have used the healing and medicinal properties of aloe vera for over a thousand years. Aloe vera, in a generic term, is a succulent plant species belonging to the genus Aloe.
Although the plant is native to countries such as Southern Europe, North Africa, and Canary Island, today it is surprisingly grown worldwide.
To get started with the main heading of our article, one must first go through some of the essential general facts regarding aloe vera, thus to make it easier for you, we have tried to jot down some of the important aspects of the plant. Below is the overview of how the article flows:
- WHAT IS ALOE VERA JUICE?
- IMPORTANT COMPONENTS OF ALOE VERA
- GENERAL PROPERTIES OF ALOE VERA
- WHY TO DRINK ALOE VERA EARLY IN THE MORNING?
- BENEFITS OF DRINKING ALOE VERA JUICE FIRST THING IN THE MORNING
- WAYS TO CONSUME ALOE VERA JUICE
- DISADVANTAGES OF DRINKING ALOE VERA JUICE IN THE MORNING.
- WHAT IS ALOE VERA JUICE?
- IMPORTANT COMPONENT OF ALOE VERA
- GENERAL PROPERTIES OF ALOE VERA
- WHY SHOULD YOU DRINK ALOE VERA JUICE EARLY IN THE MORNING?
- Why drink in the early morning?
- BENEFITS OF DRINKING ALOE VERA JUICE FIRST THING IN THE MORNING
- WAYS TO CONSUME ALOE VERA JUICE:
- DISADVANTAGES OF USING ALOE VERA JUICE EARLY MORNING
So let’s start with the fundamental and crucial question,
WHAT IS ALOE VERA JUICE?
Aloe vera is primarily a thick, short-stemmed plant and consists of an interior that is slimy in consistency; they are those kinds of plants that have the capacity to store water in their leaves; thus, the inside the leaf is mainly gel and water-based.
It is the inner gooey, thick gel, or flesh of the leaves of ale vera that people are interested in. The gel extracted from the ale vera is used in various forms in different industries, such as cosmetics, pharmaceuticals, and food.
So, aloe vera juice is the thick, gooey liquid primarily made from the watery tissue (gel) of the aloe vera leaf. Now the question pops where to get aloe vera juice?
There are two ways to get aloe vera juice.
- Making organic aloe vera juice at home – This involves making the juice at home, so what you can do is plant an aloe vera and obviously wait for it to grow.
When it is well flourished, mechanically cut open the outer exterior part of the left of the plant.
Carefully scrape out the inner gel in the leaf and start to crush or grind the gel in a mixture, as the gel contains a considerable amount of water, you will finally get a crude form of the concentrated aloe vera gel.
Try to filter it with a strainer and keep it aside, now to make the juice- take the required amount of the purified gel in the blender with 3-5 cups of water in it. And blend it until you find a proper homogenized solution.
If you want, you can add some lime or lemon for flavor.
- Buy the commercial product- If you find the above steps difficult and currently don’t own an aloe vera plant, then you can always buy it from a medicinal or local store.
It is crucial to keep in mind that irrespective of the how you produced aloe vera juice, it should be totally organic and 100% authentic if to be bought online.
IMPORTANT COMPONENT OF ALOE VERA
One might wonder what makes the aloe vera so potent in nature. Well, it consists of some really amazing nutrients. Aloe vera is said to have at least 75 potentially active elements in it that are all beneficial to health.
Here we have listed a few of the most important constituents:
- Vitamins- The most abundant vitamin present in the aloe vera plant are Vitamin A, C, and E. These play an important role in our body as an antioxidant. It also consists of Folic acid and choline.
- Enzymes- Some excessively helpful enzymes exist in aloe vera such as phosphatases, cellulases, lipases, peroxidases, and Bradykinase.
- Minerals- Many essential minerals play a vital part in our regular metabolism; aloe vera contains minerals like calcium, copper, zinc.
- Sugar- mono and polysaccharides like glucose and glucomannans are available in aloe vera along with few novel compounds like C-glucosyl chromone and alprogen that act as anti-inflammatory and anti-allergic compounds.
- Phenolic compounds– compounds like Anthraquonois, also known as laxatives, alonin, and emodin are profoundly found in aloe.
- Amino acids- The plant provides us with 20 amino acids, among which around 7-8 are the essential amino acids.
GENERAL PROPERTIES OF ALOE VERA
Aloe vera can be used in any form and for various reasons only cause it has few unique properties that give us the opportunity to use it in a broad spectrum. Some of the generic features of aloe vera are:
- Antioxidant and antimicrobial properties
- Healing properties
- Anti-inflammatory actions
- Enhances the immune system
- Laxative effect
- Anti-tumor properties
- Anti-aging effects
These properties of aloe vera make it of such importance in the varied industries for health benefits.
WHY SHOULD YOU DRINK ALOE VERA JUICE EARLY IN THE MORNING?
You must be in a dilemma as to why should you even consider drinking a plant extract like aloe vera. There are apparent properties and benefits that one might get from aloe vera juice that might intrigue you to consider it.
But the use of aloe vera as a gel or as the juice is from the earliest times in human history; the incorporation of aloe vera brings goodness in you.
Although there are miracles that happen with the intake of aloe vera that are undeniable, researchers are working on the nature of these changes and benefits that one gets from aloe vera’s juice.
In fact, some studies back up the benefits of aloe vera, according to a study that was published in the Indian Journal of Dermatology; there was a time in Egypt when the aloe vera was also called as the “plant of immortality,” mainly due to its therapeutic effects.
Daily consumption of aloe vera helps you clear your stomach and maintain a sound bowel system and boost your appetite and flush out the toxins from your body.
Why drink in the early morning?
We have quite stretched on the fact that one should drink juices in the morning, whether it be fruit juice, health-related juice, or aloe vera, for instance.
But ever wondered why people suggest you drink in the morning and not prefer at night?
Well, there is a simple explanation for it: it’s just the composition of these drinks that negatively affects your health.
- Fruits juices or aloe vera juice are alkaline and acidic in nature- this can cause unwanted heartburn that can be worst during sleep time.
- Helps in absorption- The entire night helps you digest your dinner food. Thus in the morning, when you are in an empty stomach, you feel the urge to eat, drinking aloe vera, or any health-related drink helps you feel a bit heavier and also helps in absorption of the food you intake.
- High sugar content- as we know by now aloe vera contains a small amount of sugar as well and no fiber content in it, drinking the juice at night might increase your blood sugar level
- Enzymes action at night- drinking aloe vera at night cannot be beneficial cause the nutrient in the aloe vera cannot be digested and absorbed correctly as the enzymes of our gut will be busy processing the food that we had in the dinner at the same time.
Thus it is highly suggested to drink aloe vera juice first thing early morning to gain all its benefits.
BENEFITS OF DRINKING ALOE VERA JUICE FIRST THING IN THE MORNING
Although the lists of the benefits of drinking aloe vera juice early morning are near to countless, here I have tried to focus on the most prominent and essential benefits that you can get out of it.
Drink aloe vera juice for natural hair
Drinking aloe vera juice can help your natural hair to look shiny and smooth, due to its gel-like consistency it also are sometimes directly used on scalps as well
- Helps to repair dead skin cell on the scalp
- Conditions your hair
- Promotes keratin production
- Prevents itching of the scalp
- Prevents dandruff
- Promotes hair growth
The science behind it?
Aloe vera juice contains mainly naturally found enzymes in them, such as proteolytic enzymes that actually helps in the repair of the dead skin that are present on our scalps.
Aloe vera also contains primary amino acids that are essential for the formation of a protein called keratin that is the main component of the hair and thus helps promote hair growth.
How to use aloe vera juice for natural hair?
You can use various forms of aloe vera gel to affect your natural hair, use the gel
- Directly on your hair by rubbing it, Apply the juice directly on your scalp to prevent dehydration and dandruff.
- Making a mask out of it by adding egg/banana (or both)+curd+ aloe vera gel and applying it on your head.
- Drink aloe vera juice is preferred as it directly goes into our system and provides you with other benefits as well.
- Add aloe vera juice and few drops of coconut oil and apply on your hair overnight for bouncy hair.
- Aloe vera juice can be incorporated in your hair wash routine.
- You can also use the few spoons of the juice balong with curd and banana to apply it on your hair as a mask, and keep it for 30 mins and then wash it off.
BENEFITS OF ALOE VERA JUICE FOR WEIGHT LOSS
Aloe vera for weight loss has been in use in the world since the very beginning of its discovery. Aloe vera acts as a main ingredient in most of the ayurvedic medicines due to its effect on one’s weight. It mainly affects the digestive system, thereby preventing bloating effects, thus promoting weight loss .
- Helps in better absorption of nutrients
- Makes you feel fuller
- Improves overall health
- Provides with essential vitamins and minerals for weight loss
- Promotes better digestion
DRINKING ALOE VERA FOR ACNE
If you are dealing with various acne problems or if your scars and blemishes are something you want to get rid of using natural compounds, you should probably try aloe vera juice.
Drinking aloe vera juice, as mentioned above, helps improve your bowel system and digestion; most of our acnes are caused by irregular bowel or digestion problems .
- Helps to clear skin
- Helps with skin conditions like dermatitis or psoriasis
- Has antimicrobial activity
- Provides a rich source of antioxidants
- Help to repair your skin
- Prevents wrinkles
- Has anti-aging properties
The science behind it
The anti-inflammatory actions of Aloe vera help to remove acne; there are certain compounds such as C-glucosyl chromone, which act as an anti-inflammatory agent .
Studies also have shown a significant effect on skin exposure to UV burns. Studies have shown that aloe vera juice helps in the production of metallothionein in the skin suppresses the activity of compounds responsible for UV induced hypersensitivity, thus protecting against it .
HELPS TO IMPROVE GUM HEALTH
Studies have shown excellent results in improving gum inflammation by drinking aloe vera juice early morning.
Either consuming aloe vera juice directly or using it as a mouthwash helps to protect the gums from any microbial substances as there are anti-bacterial compounds in aloe vera.
HELPS TO CONTROL BLOOD SUGAR LEVEL.
Researchers have noticed that introducing aloe vera juice in our system can help in reducing sugar levels. However, the actual reasons behind these are not yet appropriately discovered, but some results show the positive side of it.
Intake of aloe vera juice helps in maintain diabetes.
IMPROVES LIVER FUNCTIONING
Drinking aloe very juice first thing every morning would surely help you with clearing your liver and also in the detoxification process.
It helps maintain the proper health of the liver and better its functioning due to the poly nutrients properties of aloe vera juice.
It helps to flush out all the impurities and toxins from our body.
WAYS TO CONSUME ALOE VERA JUICE:
Since the natural aloe vera is quite bitter in taste, most of us would have great difficulties in consuming it; thus, what one can do is mix and blend it with other healthy elements like:
- Blend aloe vera+lemon
- Aloe vera+vegetables
- Aloe vera+fruits
- Aloe vera+amla
- Aloe vera+tulsi
How to consume aloe Vera juice?
Aloe vera juice is supposed to be consumed.
- Early morning
- In an empty stomach
- At least 30-40 mins before the intake of your breakfast.
- Daily intake for better results
DISADVANTAGES OF USING ALOE VERA JUICE EARLY MORNING
- Side effects of consuming aloe vera juice during pregnancy– There are certain compounds in aloe vera that cause some problems in pregnant women, such as the laxative effects.
As reported in the review paper of Amar Surjushe-
“Oral aloe is not recommended during pregnancy due to theoretical stimulation of uterine contractions, and in breastfeeding mothers, it may sometime cause gastrointestinal distress in the nursing infant.”
- Not much research works have started any proven facts of the benefits of aloe vera; due to the lack of aloe vera on human trails, there are no such proven facts on it.
- If aloe vera is not purified correctly, it may cause some irritation and side effects like diarrhea and electrolyte imbalance.
- Some people might be allergic to aloe vera
- The compound anthraquinone that are present in the aloe vera may cause some toxic effects in the body.
- Sometimes aloe vera can have some inhibitory impact on certain drugs
Thus it is always suggested to consult a doctor before introducing anything new to your system, jut to be on the safer side. Their insights and views will not only help you but also give awareness regarding your health and capabilities to consume it.
Although there are certain health concerns related to the intake of aloe vera juice, its advantages are potent.
They have been used in the pharmaceutical and medicinal industries for a very long time.
Having said so, it is essential to keep in mind that if you are planning to incorporate aloe vera in your regular diet, you should take some professional advice regarding the same and get tested if you are capable of consuming it.
In a nutshell, there are profound benefits of drinking aloe vera first thing every morning, and those benefits can help you maintain a better lifestyle and boost your immunity. Thus, consider taking it every morning if you want to benefit all the advantages that come along with it.