We all have used and tried various ways to loos fat and have you ever wondered benefits of green tea for weight loss. I am pretty sure you might have already heard of it many a times but is it true, does green tea have any effect on our body?
Let’s find out, bringing to you a topic that is very well talked about benefits of green tea for weight loss. But what exactly is green tea, how is it repaired and how much to consume for weight loss? Don’t worry all of these questions and doubts will be covered today.
Tea is globally one of the most popular and cheapest beverages with major producing countries in India, China, Kenya, Sri Lanka, Turkey, and Vietnam. Tea is a refreshing and aromatic drink. More than 74% of all tea produced in this world is black tea.
Having said so almost 21 % is green tea and yellow tea.
Tea is a rich source of xenobiotics, a secondary metabolite class; tea is an aromatic beverage commonly prepared by pouring hot or boiling water.
In this article, I will discuss not only about green tea, but the benefits of green tea in weight loss. But before heading directly into the topic, let us go through some of the basics of the green tea as a topic.
What is Green Tea?
Tea is loved by people all over the world. Green tea is made from camellia sinensis leaves, and buds that have not undergone the same withering and oxidation process used to make from unfermented leaves that are pale in color, slightly bitter in flavor, which is mainly produced in China and Japan.
How it differs from other tea?
- The main difference between black tea and green tea is that black tea is oxidized, and green tea is not.
- Green tea is lighter in color than black tea.
- Green tea contains a higher amount of epigallocatechin three gallates (EGCG), whereas black tea is a rich source of theaflavins.
- Both green tea and black tea come from the same plant leaves.
- The main difference between green tea and black tea is the leaves’ processing, and their nutrient is different.
Green tea Materials and processing
Green tea is made from the top two leaves and buds of shrub, camellia sinensis. The tea plant originated in an area between India and China. There are three main verities of this plant—China, Assam, and Cambodia.
The china variety grows as high as 9ft (2.7m), and gas an economic life of at least 100 yrs. The
Assam variety is a tree that grows as high as 60 ft (18.3 m) with an economic life of 40 yrs depend upon regular pruning and packing. The 16 ft (4. 9 m) wide varieties is naturally crosses with other types.
The tea leaves are harvested from the camellia plant for green tea are heated by pan firing. Green tea originated in China for medicinal purposes, and its first recorded use was 4,000 yrs ago. By the third century, it become a drink that is used daily. Now China has more than 100 different types of green teas.
Benefits of green tea for our health:
- Prevent cancer: Though green tea’s health benefits have been known for centuries, recent research has provided concern evidence of these benefits. Studies show that green tea can prevent cancer since it contains catechin.
A study of Japan shaved that area devoted to green tea production in the central and western regions who drink the tea daily and have a significantly lower death rate for all types of cancer proposed to other areas.
- It reduced the cell growth of tumors.
- Prevent blood pressure: It limits the excessive rise in blood cholesterol in both animals and humans and prevents high blood pressure.
- Kill virus: It kills bacteria and influenza viruses. It is a strong antioxidant and is ever more potent than vitamin E or vitamin C due to polyphenols’ presence.
- Fighting with AIDS: Green tea catechin may have some benefits affect in fighting AIDS. Green tea is used for headaches to wound healing.
- Managing type 2 diabetes
- Benefits of Green tea for weight loss: Caffeine is to boosts your metabolism and increasing fat burning. It has been an additional 75-100 calories per day.
- It is loaded with antioxidants and various plant compounds that may benefit your health. The process allows the body to convey good and drink into usable; energy seen is collectively known as the metabolism.
- Green tea may be beneficial for weight loss by helping this body’s metabolism. As review found that green tea supplements containing catechins or caffeine have a small but positive impact on weight loss and weight management.
- Catechin can help to break down excess fat.
How does green tea help in losing weight?
Green tea is one of the healthiest beverages on earth, which is full of antioxidants that have many health benefits like fat losing and increasing fat-burning.
If you look at the ingredient list for any fat burning supplement, maximum chances are green tea is included on their diet chart. According to research that green tea can increase fat burning and boost metabolic rate.
In a study, ten healthy women taking green tea extract increased the number of calories burning by 40%. Green tea extract increased fat oxidant by 17% compared to ordinary people who do not take green tea.
Caffeine may also improve physical performance by mobilizing fatty acids from fat tissue and making them available for use as energy.
- Green tea can boost the metabolic rate in the short term; it makes sense that it could help you lose weight. Several studies show that green tea may help to reduce body fat, especially in the abdominal area.
- Obesity is the growing health disorder globally, and lifestyle changes are at the heart of this problem. One of the supposedly many effects of green tea is weight loss. Especially in India, there is a growing prevalence of obesity.
- The solution to this problem is to have a healthy lifestyle. It opens lots of solutions from exercise to food or drinks. India is the world’s largest tea-drinking nation, and there is an emerging trend of drinking green tea observed, especially for weight loss.
But why do we exactly say the benefits of green tea for weight loss, because at the end all that matters is the calories that we intake and surprisingly
Calories in green tea is
2.45 calories per cup, say the U.S Department of Agriculture. You can also find 2.45 milligrams of magnesium, .19.6 milligrams of potassium, and 2.45 milligrams of sodium.
There is an increase in the demand for green tea in the Indian market. Asians have been aware of the health and benefits of drinking green tea for over a century.
How to consume green tea for weight loss?
After our meals, we can have green tea. One can also have green tea in the morning or later in the evening. It is the second most drink after water.
How much green tea should you drink for the benefit of weight loss? Or a question may arise does green tea reduce belly fat?
2 to 3 cups of hot green tea throughout the day should be sufficient for supplementing weight. Green tea comes in several varieties but for weight loss. There are unlikely to be a significant difference between them.
Green tea contains a range of different compounds include:
- vitamins B
Yes, it reduces belly fat effectively. The benefits of drinking green tea can help people shed pounds and melt away belly fat. Green tea is not harmful, and if regular people used it gives excellent results.
Method to prepared green tea
The benefits of drinking green tea are the Chinese medicine, which has innumerable health benefits. But we do not know the correct way to prepare green tea.
There are three primary ways to prepared green tea.
- Take one teaspoon of green leaves in a strainer and keep aside.
- Now take a stainless-steel pan/pot and heat the water properly—85̊C
- Now place the strainer over the cup or mug.
- Next, pour the hot water into the cup and let them keep for 3 minutes or 30 seconds.
With tea bags:
- one green tea bag.
- Stainless steel container/clay cup.
- One lid to cover the cup.
- Heat the water sure it does not come to boiling point. The temperature should be between 80 to 85.
- Put the green tea bag in the stainless steel cup or clay cup.
- Pour the hot water cover it with a small lid for 3 minutes.
- After it, remove the tea bag and the lid.
- And enjoy the sip.
Green tea in a powder form:
- Green Tea powder one teaspoon.
- Water 1 cup.
- Add the green tea powder to the hot water after 2 minutes to check its flavor is intense.
- After 3 minutes, the color should have changed to brown. Pour it through a strainer.
- Add honey if required. It is totally optional.
If we cannot, the health benefit will be less and end up with a bitter test.
Green tea is one of the best health drinks. So it is best to start drinking green tea for a better and healthier life as it helps boost immunity and increase the chance of living a more extended life.
So therefore clear that drinking green tea regularly improves your health in many different ways.
SOME COMMON QUESTIONARIES
- Should we have hot or cold green tea?
Both have some health benefits. You can drink it hot or cold. One minor difference is that hot tea has retained more caffeine than cold green tea
- Should we drink green tea before bed?
The best time to drink is two hours before bedtime because it is the lowest metabolism movement, and green tea can increase. Green tea is not a drink before bedtime, as caffeine can disturb your sleep.
- Does green tea have caffeine?
Yes, it has 29.4 milligrams of caffeine, green tea has about half the amount of caffeine in 1 cup of coffee, say Harvard Health publishing.