Coconut and its benefits have always been an integrated part of people’s life and irrespective of what few articles say, no one can deny the fact that there are various benefits of coconut oil. The use of coconut oil has acted as a boon to most of our daily activities. Thus today, we come to you with the top 5 benefits of eating coconut oil, which has lesser-known facts on the internet.
With the growing age of various beauty industries, the use of natural oils, one of them being coconut oil, was well spoken about in terms of its use for skin or hair care. But what happens when we eat coconut oil? Do we consider that also as a solution for some health problems?
Let’s find out.
- #1 BENEFITS OF EATING COCONUT OIL FOR WEIGHT LOSS
- #2 BENEFITS OF EATING COCONUT OIL FOR DIGESTION
- #3 BENEFITS OF EATING COCONUT OIL FOR CARDIOVASCULAR DISEASE
- #4 BENEFITS OF EATING COCONUT OIL FOR SKIN and HAIR HEALTH
- #5 IMPROVES IMMUNITY AND PROVIDES ANTIMICROBIAL EFFECT
- HOW MUCH COCONUT OIL FOR AN ADULT IS GOOD
The top 5 benefits of eating coconut oil will help bring you facts about its benefits, making coconut a bit more interesting.
#1 BENEFITS OF EATING COCONUT OIL FOR WEIGHT LOSS
As shocking as it might sound, it is true to much extent; yes, coconut oil is beneficial for losing weight.
We obviously cannot deny the fact that coconut oil has is 95% almost full of fat, despite that what we need to understand is that not all fat are harmful, especially when taken in an appropriate amount.
But the concern is how much coconut oil would be suitable for obtaining the top 5 benefits of coconut oil, right; well, don’t worry, we would be talking about the dosage later on in this article.
- There are many article and research work that have proven to show many healing benefits and has proven to be useful for weight loss process as well.
- It is filled full with fatty acids, which is said to boost up our metabolism, thus improve digestion and help us losing weight
- Benefits of eating coconut oil is that if consumed in an appropriate amount, it gets converted to ketone bodies, which indirectly helps us to keep off fat.
Thus one of the top 5 benefits of eating coconut oil is proven to be losing weight
#2 BENEFITS OF EATING COCONUT OIL FOR DIGESTION
One of the factors that most of us deal with is the problem with digestion, and we kid you not when we say that digestion plays a very important role in the normal functioning of our body.
Without a proper digestive system, we might have a wasteful bowl system, start gaining weight and affect other parts of our body like the liver and kidney.
Thus, it is necessary to maintain a good diet and consider digestion as critical.
- Eating coconut oil has shown tremendous results with digestion. Research works say that coconut oil is far easier to digest than any other kind of fat.
- It not just helps us in the process of digestion and in itself takes fewer efforts to get digested and thus are stomach-friendly even though it’s a fatty substance.
- Coconut oil is said to improve nutrient absorption.
- It also has been proven to say that it does not contribute to weight gain
This provides you another reason to eat coconut oil and give our 2nd health benefits of eating coconut oil.
#3 BENEFITS OF EATING COCONUT OIL FOR CARDIOVASCULAR DISEASE
Even though the entire topic of the health benefits of eating coconut oil is a bit controversial and contrary to many proven results, many researchers say otherwise regarding cardiovascular disease.
- “Researchers at Harvard Medical School have shown that coconut oil consumption increases HDL levels and in so doing improves the cholesterol ratio, thus reducing risk of heart disease in humans.” 
- Some other researchers have also studied some t Pacific islanders and have observed that even though they consume high intakes of fat, mostly from coconut, their health, and cardiovascular health remains vital and sound.
#4 BENEFITS OF EATING COCONUT OIL FOR SKIN and HAIR HEALTH
The use of coconut oil has always been better than taking into account its external way, but as soon as we try and think of eating it or having it in our diet, its like a horror. But the tide has turned, and in recent times recognition of this natural source are much in use, one of them being coconut oil.
Coconut oil, as we all know, has great benefits for our hair and skin but did you know its ore useful when you eat coconut oil directly.
Eating coconut oil brings in the wellness of its properties from within, which cannot be brought when applied topically on skin or hair.
- Skin dermatitis is a skin disease that are very common in today’s world, and coconut oil is said to be very useful to fight against it.
- It has been observed in Polynesians exposed to many suns that they are protected from sunburns by applying coconut oil. And consumption of the same also protects us from within.
- Coconut oil helps with dehydrated skin. At the same time, it prevents bacterial, viral, and fungal infections.
Thus the real fact of eating coconut oil gives benefits in hear, whether it be benefits of eating a spoonful of coconut oil also.
Thus, coconut oil benefits for the skin, benefits of coconut oil for hair and the overall body become very important once we start viewing the discovery and research areas of coconut.
#5 IMPROVES IMMUNITY AND PROVIDES ANTIMICROBIAL EFFECT
Another health benefit of eating coconut oil is that it has an antimicrobial effect and can improve our body’s immunity.
Polyunsaturated oils, which come from coconut oil, have the ability to put heavy strains on the immune system. Coconut oil is non-toxic to the body, so it does not burden the immune system.
- Studies show that almost 63% of coconut oil is composed of antimicrobial MCFA, which boosts immunity and has potent compounds to fight against many microbes.
- Coconut has also been studied for immunocompromised individuals and has been seen as an ideal way to assist immune-suppressed individuals against disease.
- The fatty acids in coconut oil protect the new-born baby from harmful germs
- MCFA found in coconut oil has been shown in laboratory experiments to effectively destroy viruses, bacteria, and many other microorganisms.
There are many other ways to show how coconut oil assists and aids in our bodily functions few other health benefits of coconut oil or instead if you consider benefits of eating a spoonful of coconut oil would be discussed further in other articles are:
- Benefits of coconut oil for controlling diabetes
- Benefits of coconut oil for dental health
- Benefits of coconut oil for neurological disorders like Alzheimer’s
And many more
Knowing the top 5 benefits of eating coconut oil is essential, but one of the central parts is how much is enough or how much coconut oil is too much for our health. So let’s discuss briefly now that we know what the benefits of eating coconut oil are.
HOW MUCH COCONUT OIL FOR AN ADULT IS GOOD
To be frank, the numbers vary on age, the existing health conditions, and many more factors. But to gist it you and make it a bit easier for all individuals, research has concluded few maximum amounts of coconut oil that we can consume.
- It is said that for an adult near about 2 – 4 tablespoons of coconut oil would be more than enough.
- Studies have also shown that 30 ml of coconut oil being 2 tablespoons more effective than an overdose.
Depending on the other calorie intake of a person, that amount may vary from 30ml-40 ml per day.
In general, there is an estimate of how much fat and calories does one tablespoon of coconut oil have based on the United States Department of Agriculture :
- calories: 121 kilocalories
- fat: 13.5 g
- carbohydrates: 0 g
- protein: 0 g
How to use coconut oil
With the benefits of eating a spoonful of coconut oil and the benefits of coconut oil, we transfer to the ways of using coconut oil.
The exclusive use of coconut oil in terms of eating or application depends mostly on one’s needs, likings, and sometimes on culture.
USE OF COCONUT OIL FOR TOPICAL APPLICATION
Coconut oil can be used directly on skin or hair when every needed. The use of coconut oil and, in fact, essential oils have been long used in the beauty and skincare industry, and most of the products with moisturizers come with coconut oil in today’s world.
USE FOR COOKING FOOD
Many people and counties use coconut oil directly for coconut food. Taking coconut oil for frying, baking, sauteing, or more.
- Use coconut oil for baking cake and biscuits
- Use it for making smoothies
- Coconut oil in salads dressing
- Coconut oil can be used in a small amount directly in beverages like tea or coffee
- Have coconut oil supplements
Even though there might be a hell of a lot of beneficial things that we consider and have seen in the article regarding coconut oil, we know now the top 5 benefits of coconut oil. Still, nevertheless its fatty oil a day too much consumption of the same may lead to other health problems.
Thus, always take measurements, start slow, and less intake of coconut oil; you can always take recommendations and suggestions from experts and remember to consume not more than 10% of your daily calories of coconut oil.
Coconut oil has nourished millions of people throughout the world for generations. The top 5 benefits of eating coconut oil and other natural properties make coconut oil an excellent dietary choice.