- WHAT IS APPLE CIDER VINEGAR
- HOW DOES APPLE CIDER VINEGAR HELP IN WEIGHT LOSS?
- WHAT SCIENCE HAS TO SAY ABOUT APPLE CIDER FOR WEIGHT LOSS
- OTHER HEALTH BENEFITS OF APPLE CIDER VINEGAR
- WAYS TO CONSUME APPLE CIDER VINEGAR FOR WEIGHT LOSS
- Use apple cider vinegar pills
- CONCLUDING STATEMENT
“You need to include foods in your diet that are as close to natural as possible. If something has a whole list of ingredients that you cannot pronounce, it should not make it into your shopping cart.”
– Amy Leigh Mercree
Apple cider vinegar for weight loss is a very common benefit that people tend to talk about today. Although apple cider vinegar today is well known by most of us and its uses as well as the health benefits of apple cider Vinegar are exceptionally fascinating to read and apply. Still, not many of us are aware of apple cider for weight loss, the causes, and how it works mainly. In this article, we shall talk about apple cider vinegar for weight loss, and all you need to know about it.
The marketing and production of apple cider vinegar, as well as its demand, has been elevating in our community as we talk about it. With so many health claims that apple cider vinegar provides, it has caught most of our interest.
Weight loss, in general, has been a significant health issue that most of us face, and if taking or incorporating natural products for treating the same can be an option then wouldn’t you take it? Of Course, you would, the component of apple cider vinegar, acetic acid is said to have the potential to help us lose fat to some extent.
Having said so, there have been very little trails and research on human beings directly so that nothing can be said with surely.
This article will help you guide with your doubts, and we shall explore various grounds of apple cider vinegar for weight loss, its causes, benefits, how to consume it, etc. So let dive in apple cider vinegar for weight loss-all you need to know regarding the same to make a wise decision
To begin with, the basics of it lets first see:
WHAT IS APPLE CIDER VINEGAR
Apple cider vinegar (ACV) in simple words is a kind of vinegar made from apples, and it is made mainly using the fermentation process, which is primarily rotting the apples to make vinegar out of it.
The entire process of vinegar making involves two significant steps of fermentation in one the apple sugar are converted to alcohol and is further followed by the second fermentation where the alcohol is converted to acetic acid.
In apple cider vinegar there are about 5-6% of acetic acid. There are other elements along with it, such as Vitamins, minerals, organic acids, etc.
HOW DOES APPLE CIDER VINEGAR HELP IN WEIGHT LOSS?
Now comes the most simple question of how apple cider vinegar actually works, so below I have tried to list down a few of the most prominent features that apple cider vinegar effect which in turn leads to weight loss.
APPLE CIDER VINEGAR CALORIES
Most of us try to maintain a reasonable calorie intake and measuring or keeping an idea as to what is allowed to be eaten especially during dieting makes a massive difference in our body.
Apple cider vinegar surprisingly has only 22 calories in 100 grams of apple cider vinegar, which is lower and most of the food that you intake. With such low calorie count it makes it evident that apple cider vinegar for weight loss makes more sense.
Thus a low-calorie drink that helps to boost up our metabolism and does not cause any extra weight gain itself is one of the most beneficial factors for weight loss.
APPLE CIDER VINEGAR AS PROBIOTICS
The “mother” of apple cider vinegar is said to contain certain extra beneficial elements such as enzymes and microorganisms in it.
These microorganisms are highly beneficial in improving our gut bacteria population as well as helps in digestion as well, thus are also known as probiotic bacteria.
The presence of probiotic bacteria helps to absorb our nutrients and also to digest food faster and efficiently.
Apple cider vinegar has the potential to make us feel fuller and thus indirectly prevents us from overeating.
It mainly helps to suppress appetite, studies have stated that acetic acid in vinegar controls our brain activity indirectly; thus the brain controls our intake of food and thus leading to maintaining weight or avoiding extra food accumulation.
APPLE CIDER VINEGAR HELPS TO INCREASE THE METABOLISM OF THE BODY
Apple cider vinegar for weight loss can be related to the metabolic factor of our body and acetic acid helps to maintain the pH of our stomach and activates more enzymes in the stomach as being an acid itself promotes better digestion and metabolism.
Studies have reported that acetic acid helps to boost up the fat burning process and prevents fat storage and sugar production in the liver.
PREVENTS FAT ACCUMULATION
Daily intake of apple cider vinegar has shown some positive activity of the vinegar in your body. Acetic acid is said to have shown to suppress fat accumulation in rat and animal trails.
Researchers have conducted studies on rats and treating apple cider vinegar showed the protective potential of acetic acid from gaining weight. It is said that the acid helps to improve the expression of the genes that are responsible for reducing fat storage and thus avoiding fat accumulation.
MAINTAINS BLOOD SUGAR LEVEL
Studies have shown that apple cider has the ability to maintain blood sugar level
By improving the functionality of the liver to uptake more sugar from the blood, thus maintaining the optimal level in blood, thus apple cider vinegar for weight loss is so much in demand.
WHAT SCIENCE HAS TO SAY ABOUT APPLE CIDER FOR WEIGHT LOSS
There are racing thoughts and sayings about how apple cider helps to lose weight, but proper scientific reasons and studies are critical to back up the claims that apple cider vinegar has made.
Thus let’s go through a few of the studies that researchers have conducted to known if at all the rumors regarding apple cider vinegar for weight loss is true or not.
- Few studies have shown how consuming apple cider vinegar with a particular starch meal along with it showed slower emptying of the stomach, thus giving an illusion of fullness in our body and avoiding overeating. This phenomenon also helps in maintaining the right blood sugar level.
- Studies have also been done directly on humans, where about 144 obese Japanese adults had been given to take 15ml of vinegar, 30 ml of vinegar, or a drink that was for placebo effect test. The test results were shocking as the people who consumed 30 ml of the vinegar showed the highest amount of weight loss along with a decrease in their fat percentage and also triglycerides. Thus they concluded by saying consuming 1-2 teaspoons of ACV can affect weight loss.
- Another study conducted on 39 adults in 2018 involved a comparative study of consuming apple cider vinegar or a low-calorie diet and after having kept the study for about 12 weeks. It was observed that people who consumed apple cider in their diet lost more weight, had lower BMI (Body Mass Index) and also low triglyceride levels.
- A study in 2019 showed the effect of apple cider vinegar on diabetic and obese patients; They researched on 20 people. They were told to take 20ml of apple cider vinegar in water every day; it was observed that the BMI of 10 people was lower and 10 people who had type 2 diabetes showed lower fasting sugar, thus suggesting the positive effects of ACV for weight loss as well as blood sugar level.
Although there are studies on apple cider vinegar and its effect on weight loss, it’s essential to notice that the studies are limited and with less number of participants, thus more research has to be done regarding the same before fully conforming or approving the method.
OTHER HEALTH BENEFITS OF APPLE CIDER VINEGAR
Apple cider vinegar for weight loss is just one of the major benefits of it, there are far many benefits that you can explore along with it, few of the significant ones are:
- Helps to improve skin texture
- Helps to improve hair and remove dandruff
- Improves blood sugar level
- Improves blood pressure.
- Removes odor from armpits or hair
- Useful to treat acne
- Acts as a cleanser due to its antimicrobial properties
- Improves PCOS(Polycystic Ovary Symptoms) symptoms
WAYS TO CONSUME APPLE CIDER VINEGAR FOR WEIGHT LOSS
Apple cider vinegar for weight loss can be used in many ways; few well-known forms and ingredients will help to help you lose weight.
Drinking apple cider vinegar- The most common and easiest way is to drink apple cider vinegar.
Since it is a concentrated form, it is always suggested to dilute it and then drink it for benefits without any side effects, ways to drink apple cider vinegar:
- 1-2 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar honey+water
- 1-2 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar+tea+honey
- 1-2 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar+cinnamon+honey+warm water
- 1-2 tablespoon of apple cider niger+lemon+water
- 1-2 spoon of apple cider +dry ginger +tea
Using as salad dressing – Use of apple cider vinegar as olive oil for salad or vegetable dressing is also one way to incorporate apple cider in your diet.
Use apple cider vinegar pills
How to consume apple cider vinegar for weight loss
- Although ACV is suggested to drink for weight loss, overconsumption can cause various health issues and side effects; thus, proper usage of apple cider is very important.
- The side effects of apple cider vinegar are many, and thus it should be consumed in small doses through the day or alternate days.
- It is better to drink apple cider either 30 mins before the meal or after your dinner.
Now that you are quite well versed with apple cider vinegar for weight loss, its essential to understand that this article is solely for the purpose to educate you or give you a brief idea about it and should not be taken as a piece of medical advice, it’s always suggested to consult a doctor for the purpose of safety.
A moderate and conscious amount of apple cider intake would help to promote weight loss and as you now know that it not only helps with weight loss but also will give you other benefits that come along with it. And although the amount of study done on this might be less, it is the beginning of something great, and I feel it’s worth trying with keeping in mind all the precautions in order to avoid the side effects.
How much apple cider should I drink for weight loss?
It is ideally said to drink about 15-30 ml that is two table spoons of apple cider vinegar with water, diluted form of apple cider vinegar should be consumed every day for an effective weigh loss results.
How effective is apple cider for weight loss?
It isn’t a miracle compound as it’s a natural product t might take some time to show some visible results. Most importantly it aids the process of weight loss thus it’s not a substitute for exercise or diet, along with the consumption of apple cider one has to maintain proper diet and also do some physical activity.
What are the side effects of apple cider vinegar?
There are few harmful side effects of apple cider vinegar it is not consumed at proper precautions with proper dosage. Side effects such as throat irritation, weakening of enamel, tooth pain, heart burn, etc. are few of the examples.
When should I drink apple cider vinegar?
Ideally it is preferred to be taken 30-40 mins just before your breakfast on an empty stomach or after your dinner