The use of almond oil and its products like almond oil, almond milk, and more are there since ancient times. Did you know in Roman culture newly wedded couples and guests were treated with almonds as a gesture of richness and love?
Almond oil consumption dates back to biblical times and its use is still well known. Although the use of almond and almond oils was used for a different purpose in the earlier days, today it is just well known for its nutrient content.
But I am sure not all of the nutrients and benefits are known to us, thus in this article, we thought of exploring grounds of almond oil in specific. We all certainly know a lot about almonds as a nut but what are almond oil and its benefits.
Starting with the basics of known almonds
WHAT IS ALMOND OIL
Most of the part of almond that we all know is the nut part, but did you know almonds actually come within a fruit, yes of course the almond fruit. It’s almost comparable to fruits like peaches or avocado, the outer part has a soft layer.
The inner part of the fruit is the seed of the fruit and in some cases such as for almonds, it’s consumable. But what about almond oil?
- Well, almond oil is majorly extracted from the almond nut, there are times when people have tried to extract from the fruit of the almond as well, but on further studies, it was discovered that there was not much difference in the oil nutrient.
- The almond nut is basically what is crushed and clod pressed to get the oil extract which is further filtered and thus we get this amazing almond oil.
Now there might be many kinds of almond products and almond terms that we come across every time, like sweet almond oil, cold-pressed almond oil, almond essential oil, and more.
But no one exactly sheds light on these terms, are they all similar, are they different, and most importantly what is the difference?
So, here we shall provide you all with some insights about each team in detail. Starting with
Sweet Almond oil:
Most people don’t exactly differentiate between almond oil and sweet almond oil, but there is in fact a bit of difference. Yes, the making process for both the oils are similar, as they both come from almonds > crushed > cold pressed > extracted.
- Well, the word sweet has been given for almond oil because there are mainly two types of oil that can be made from the almond plant.
- When the fruits and nuts of the almond plant are used to extract oil it is referred to as the “sweet almond oil”.
- In fact, apart from this fact, the sweet almond oil comes from a different species of almond plant, and most importantly these plants oils are consumable and can be used on the skin directly
Almond Essential oil/Bitter Almond oil
The essential oil also sometimes known as bitter almond oil is oils that are extracted from the flowers and other plant parts(leaves).
- As mentioned above the sweet almond oil comes from a different variety of almond plants, so does the bitter almond oil/essential oil.
- The bitter almond oil or also most preferable known as the essential oil is a more concentrated form of the almond plant and most importantly it cannot be consumable as the sweet almond oil.
Cold-pressed almond oil
- Cold pressed almond oil as the name suggests, the oils are pressed out of the almond. Now, most of the nutrients in almond oil are volatile in nature and can be lost during the process of extraction.
- Thus, in order to get the purest form of the almond oil, this particular method of extraction is pressed, that is clod-pressed.
What makes it different though?
In short, there are different extraction methodologies that researchers and manufacturers use to extract oils from any plant such as chemical extraction, solvent extraction, and more.
This is one of the extraction methods in which nuts or seeds of the plant are pressed at low temperatures or no temperature. Most other oils such as refined oils are made by heating the product and extracting it, which at a time may reduce the nutrient level of the nut/plant.
So now that we sort of is clear in the concept of each term of the almond oil, let see what exactly do we use almond oils for, let see if any benefits of almond oils in store for us.
HEALTH BENEFITS AND USES OF ALMOND OIL
Now we know there are two types of almond oil: the sweet almond oil and the bitter almond oil
And both these can be made using an extraction process called clod-pressed.
So how do we decide what to use? Well, that not going to be an issue as the only difference in the use of the oils is if you want to consume it. In simple words.
SWEET ALMOND OIL: Can be used for everything
BITTER ALMOND OIL/ESSENTIAL OIL: Can be used for everything apart from consumption
Now moving to the benefits of the Almond oil
#1 ALMOND OIL FOR HAIR
The use of almond oil or rather any oil such as coconut oil, olive oil, jojoba oil, and more can be useful for its use for our hair, there is an obvious difference in the nutrient content for each oil, and its use and application also vary.
But the use of any natural oil for hair is definitely beneficial for all users.
There are different things that almond oil can do for your hair such as:
- Get rid of dandruff
- Get smooth hair
- Thick hair
- Voluminous and healthy hair
There are more, but in a brief, you will certainly get voluminous and nutrient-enriched hair for yourself by using almond oil.
There are different ways of using almond oil. How to use almond oil for hair care and routine is something very personal and can vary there are ways of using almond essential oil for hair and sweet almond oil for hair.
#2 ALMOND OIL FOR SKIN
The use of almond oil for skin is something that not new. The almond oil is rich in protein, vitamins, and other minerals and thus its use for skincare can be extraordinary.
Almond oil, unlike coconut oil, is rather thick in nature and thus it uses can be tricky but there are tricks that we can share with you in some other article for its use in skincare.
Almonds due to its high nutrition value can be associated with so many skink benefits such as:
- Dealing with wrinkles
- Provides an-oxidants
- Makes your skin supple
- Moisturises you skin
- The antioxidants present in the almond oil has the property to renew cells and protect the cells form and chemical harm within your skin.
- It helps with oxidative damage, aging problems, and many skin related diseases
# 3 IMPROVES METABOLISM
The use of almonds are highly beneficial for your health in general and the presence of Magnesium in the almonds helps in the process of better digestion and improves one’s metabolism
- Helps with metabolic activity
- Digestion improvement
- Better bowl system
The sweet almond oils as consumable there are sayings that its use in salads and food can help with digestion and there are people all around the world who are involved in using it as a food ingredient.
#4 CHRONIC PROBLEMS
The world is filled with chronic diseases and it’s not improving that’s for sure, chronic diseases like heart problems, pressure, diabetes, and more are all mostly caused due to our lifestyle.
So how does one avoid or improve one’s system, well almonds and its oils have the properties to help you with improvement for metabolic syndrome and type 2 diabetes.
- Researchers have found that the presence of Magnesium level helps with insulin resistance in our body
- Low Mg levels can also affect high blood pressure thus indicating the use of almonds to control blood pressure
- The bad cholesterol in our body called LDH can be controlled and lowered by the use of almonds and almond oil
#5 USE AS A FOOD INGREDIENT FOR FIBER AND MORE
The almond oil has many nutrients apart from proteins, vitamins and minerals.
The presence of fibre in the almonds and carbohydrates makes it ideal for a good diet.
- – The almond nut and almond oil can increase the fullness in your body as it contains carbohydrates, proteins, and fiber.
- The almond oil does contain fat or oil in it but with the right direction and its utilization in control can help you to improve your health.
- Almonds can help with weight loss, almonds for weight loss is very well known.
- Studies show that almonds can reduce waist circumference that is weight loss but with proper use of it.
- It can decrease bad body fat and provide good body fat
There were few benefits of almond oil in general and there are more that cannot be covered in just one article but we will surely come up with articles for each of the almond oil benefits.
There are more to come u with we have almond oils, almond essential oils, and almond milk for health benefits. Did you know you can also make these at home, and thus topics like how to make almond oil at home or how to make almond milk at home are something we would be working on and researching together?
We hope you got the gist of what exactly is almond oil, their differences, and its benefits in an overview.
But having said so there are certain other side effects of almond oil that we did not talk about in this article but we have more to be said.
TAKE AWAY NOTE
There are many things we still are unsure of essential oils, vitamin E, and whatnot. The presence of Magnesium, Vitamin in Almond oil how does that affect us, these are all in-depth review of almond oil and we should all know about the ingredients and contents of the thing we try to use, because that is how we get to know if we require it.
Too many good things might not be that beneficial and how to use almond oils for skin or how to use almond oil for hair care is something more important personally. Thus, as soon as you get to understand what almond oils are beneficial based on the requirements you can buffer and move on to how to use it for your own health.